International auditors confirm high quality of MMK-METIZ’s management systems
The standards in question are the IATF 16949:2016 standard (quality management system for organisations in the automotive industry and organisations, producing the corresponding service parts), ISO 9001:2015 (quality management system) and ISO 14001: 2015 (environmental management system).
The company passed the audit of compliance with the first of the three standards for the first time, whilst the other two audits were supervisory. The company demonstrated its ability to achieve its set goals and to comply with the quality policy, environmental policy, and also legal and customer requirements, concluded the experts from the German firm TÜV NORD CERT.
According to the auditors, the MMK-METIZ management system excels in the following areas:
1. High-quality production execution
2. Strategic planning with regards to the modernisation of technological equipment and production infrastructure
3. The structure of the process approach
4. The clear managerial role of the process owners
5. Risk analysis and the implementation of an action plan for the minimisation of risks in these processes
6. The detailed development and implementation of the IATF 16949 requirements
7. The work of an accredited internal laboratory
8. Highly motivated personnel, responsible for the functioning of the ecological management system
Based on the results of the audit of the management system of OJSC MMK-METIZ the commission of auditors decided to issue a QMS certificate of compliance with the requirements of the IATF 16949:2016, and also to renew the validity of the QMS and EMS certificates of OJSC MMK-METIZ in compliance with the requirements of ISO 9001: 2015 and ISO 14001: 2015, respectively.
MMK is one of the world's largest steel producers and a leading Russian metals company. The company's operations in Russia include a large steel-producing complex encompassing the entire production chain, from the preparation of iron ore to downstream processing of rolled steel. MMK turns out a broad range of steel products with a predominant share of high-value-added products. In 2017, the company produced 12.9 million tonnes of crude steel and 11.6 million tonnes of commercial steel products. MMK Group had sales in 2017 of USD 7,546 million and EBITDA of USD 2,032 million.
tel.: +7 (3519) 24-52-97
tel.: +7 (499) 238-26-13
tel.: +7 (499) 238-26-13